Saturday 3 May 2008

Germany barbershop

I went today to get a haircut. And since it was a Saturday, I decided to go on the other side of the city, near to the border with France, where there is some big place that looks like a mall. It's called SaarBasar. Now, hearing the name wasn't that convincing, since in my head I could see only one basar, the Romanian one. The Romanian basar is a bunch of people selling usually stolen or alsmot broken things. Apparently, in Germany this is not the case. After a bit of confusion caused by the transportation (at some point I had to change the way of walking), I arrived at the mall. And, what do you know, the first thing in the place was a barbershop called "Figaro".
There were some things different from Cyprus or Romania. The hairdressers were young women, with pink died hair and full of tattoos. That's a new thing to see. I expected to see these kind of people in the mall, not doing haircuts. Also, the magazines available for reading were actually from this week and not from 2 years ago, like in Cyprus. In Romania you can barely find a decent place with something to read while you wait. Unfortunately, they still didn't speak English or French. Just good old German. Good thing I know how to say "short" and "shorter" in German. It helps a lot. You still get a haircut even if you don't know German. :-)
While being there I also tried some pizza place. It was the weirdest serving place. You would pay at the counter and sit quietly at a table of your choice. And at some point some guy would come and scream the name of the food in the place. If you felt it was yours, you would just raise your hand. I've never seen before this kind of restaurant. Might be some new Italian way of serving the food. :D That's why the Italian people is famous for the chaos, I guess.

No comments: