Friday 30 May 2008

Amsterdam

Last weekend I was in a trip to Amsterdam in Holland. Only there I could see the difference between the very touristic and friendly "Amsterdamers" and the pretty unfriendly Germans. It was a very nice trip. The best thing about Holland is that everybody speaks English. You gotta love this when you go t a new place. In my German home I can use my English only with foreigners. Never with local people. They usually refuse any attempt of English, even in the stores or public services.
Another nice thing about Amsterdam is that the city is really lively. You have the feeling that it never sleeps. The transportation is available all day and night. The stores and bars are open all the time. I do not think you can get bored. And the parks are really neat. You can find some green spots everywhere you go. But I think that comparing a small city in Germany with Amsterdam is like trying to fit circles in square places.
Anyway, I seem to find fascinating big cities. After Vancouver, I found Amsterdam as another city where I would like to live some day. Or, at least, to be there more often. And Amsterdam is not even big. Just 700 000 people. But it is attractive because it is open minded.
Can't wait to go there again!

2 comments:

Yana said...

Hey Iulian :)!!! I just found your blog :). Man... I think you missed to tell about one very good part of Amsterdam :P. I also loved Amsterdam and want to go there again!

Iulian said...

I keep the really special moments to myself and my friends. :P Because nobody can understand the thunder until it hears one. :)