Friday 18 April 2008

The times before arriving to Germany










About 3 weeks ago I moved to Germany. More specifically, to a small town, called Saarbrücken. This small town is situated in the Saarland region, the smallest in Germany. It looks like a small dot when you look on the whole Germany map.
Why did I move? Because I want to follow the courses of a Master in Computer Science here, at Universität des Saarlandes. This was the first reason. Other reasons would be that I wanted to have a change in my life and that I wanted to see how is it to live in Western Europe. After all, almost two years of living in Cyprus should be enough to get an idea.
While leaving Cyprus I had the "opportunity" to see the true Cypriot working class mentality and stupidity ranging from a "I forgot to send the documents to the bank" excuse and having a climax with "Oops! It seems we misread your travel plan for going home and did not see that you live in Iasi!". I can't say it was such a pleasant leaving, but at least I had some fun with my friends in the last days.
Before coming to Germany, I did go home for a week. It was such a pleasant week. I got to meet many friends and I didn't have to work afterwards. :)
I left for Germany with mixed feelings. On one hand I was excited to try a new life, on the other hand I was a bit scared of going to an unknown place and starting over. But I guess that the excitement was more powerful.

No comments: